SoSi Senior IT Manager in Iraq
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
4-160923-4659: Senior IT Manager
Job Category IT/Engineering
Duty Location Overseas - Iraq
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 4-160923-4659
SOSi is seeking a Senior IT Manager .The Senior IT Manager for the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all information technology (IT) and communications functions by directing all network enterprise operations and activities to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Recommends and plans information technology to support and meet company objectives based on research and evaluation
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions
- Ensures the consistency and maintenance of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution
- Performs liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Directs implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability
- Evaluates and implements IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment
- Ensures users/customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service
- Structures, leads, trains, and develops IT staff for maximum effectiveness
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance
- Develops and maintains companyDisaster Recovery Plan
- Develops/selects and conducts user training on an as-needed basis
- Manages distribution network functions to achieve proper inventory levels, including warehousing and traffic strategies
- Pursues optimal performance from assigned resources with consideration of time, cost, and customer objectives
- Develops and briefs PMO on performance reports, identify issues, and resolve concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in IT management
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Strategy and planning, an ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-24 month time span
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with information systems development and implementation
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Employee training and development
- Technical skills and experience in Local and Wide Area Networks
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to multi-task; organize and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Provides feedback to management regarding possible problems or areas of improvement and makes recommendations to implement improved processes
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions