MedImpact, Inc. Account Executive I or II in United States
Account Executive I or II
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Account Executive will be responsible for the success of the overall client business relationship of Complex Accounts, Strategic Key Accounts as well as the entire assigned book of business. As a key player, they will provide proactive and strategic support for achieving financial goals resulting from successful oversight of client deliverables, renewals and upsell activity. By managing all aspects of business relationships with minimal management involvement and exhibiting a track record of performance that exceeds expectations, this position will ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively lead the account client team in focusing on service, revenue, and operational efficiency as identified in strategic plans for the client and MedImpact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and manage client specific, strategic, financial and business relationship plansthat encompass client’s goals, performance expectations and growth in membership and profitability in pursuit of meeting department and organizational business metrics
- Consistently ensure that deliverables are on time, within budget, and meet the quality levels expected by MedImpact's internal and external customers
- Optimize potential for sustainable growth and profitability for assigned book of business
- Develop and maintain solid business relationships with clients at the executive level and with critical decision-makers. Determine where to make “focused investments” for each account
- Utilize financial and pricing models to analyze and present business and clinical scenarios to client illustrating different benefit strategies and advantages of adoption
- Organize and lead client business planning meetings, financial performance reviews, leadership summits and internal strategy planning discussions
- Collaborate with internal leaders throughout other business units for problem solving, planning and successful outcomes. Demonstrate ability to manage challenging situations in a positive and constructive manner
- Provide regular feedback of strategic plan performance and outcomes to management to ensure service and growth opportunities are maximized and incorporated into the organizational strategy planning process
- Provide oversight of projects and client initiatives, and assist in the interpretation and context of client requests. Provide support to matters escalated by the client team
- Participate in and support the implementation process for new clients assigned, including collaboration with the Sales and Implementation teams on contract terms
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s Degree from four (4) year college or university and three (3) to seven (7) years job related experience; or equivalent combination of education and job experience.
Required experience depends on assigned book of business;
Self-Insured– Experience in the Self Insured benefits arena, preferably with Employers, private label PBM’s, Cash Card and/or other related entities.
Managed Care - Experience in the Managed Care Benefits arena, preferably with a “PBM” or other managed healthcare services to national and regional managed care organizations, insurance companies, and/or other health related entities. Experience with Medicaid and Medicare a plus.
*Level II *
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from four (4) year college or university and seven (7) to ten (10) plus years job related experience in a healthcare or PBM environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with complex, large key accounts; PBM, HMO or related health care management industries is preferred.
Self-Insured– Experience in the Self Insured benefits arena, preferably with Employers, TPAs, States/Municipalities, Unions, Hospitals, private label PBM’s, Cash Card and/or other related entities.
Managed Care – Experience in the Managed Care Benefits arena, preferably with a “PBM” or other managed healthcare services to national and regional managed care organizations, insurance companies, and/or other health related entities; prior experience with, and working knowledge of, Medicaid and Medicare Part D.
Intermediate to advanced skill set in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None currently required. Depending on assigned book of business, insurance sales and underwriting license (Resident Insurance Producer License- Accident and Health Agent) may be required.
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Outstanding knowledge of the health benefits arena, government prescription programs, preferably in pharmacy benefits management
- Strong consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Strong computer and analytic skills, including experience creating and delivering client presentations using MS Office programs and use of internal system reporting tools and databases
- Knowledge of healthcare products and contracts preferred
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, persuasion and consulting skills required.Excellent communication, writing and public presentation skills is essential
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 710.170518.4654