Fairmont Addison Captain in United States
Hotel Overview: When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: The Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Maitre'd, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- See guests from start to finish through a five star dining experience including all knowledge and service of food, wine and spirits.
- Ensure dining room and all mis en place are setup and ready for service according to Addison SOP. Oversee/Assist service colleagues in completing pre-shift mis en place.
- Deliver a flawless dining experience, consistently providing exceptional food, superlative service, elegant decor and exquisite presentations. It is the Captain's position to uphold these standards and see them through time after time.
- Oversee/Assist service colleagues in breakdown and clean-up of service areas. Calculate and drop end-of-shift paperwork.
- Superlative knowledge of Food and Beverage, including all aspects of service and food preparation is a prerequisite for employment as a Captain at Addison. In addition an introductory level Court of Master Sommeliers certificate of completion or similar industry standard in required to accommodate the guest's needs in finding a wine selection among the restaurant's thousands of bottles.
- Assist bartenders in the bar prior to guests seating.
- Assist host/hostess in seating guests at appropriate times and at the appropriate table.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- 1 Year experience in high-end fine-dining bar or high volume bar.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year high-end fine-dining experience plus one year of supervisory/management experience required.
- Management experience preferred.
* *Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use all equipment including silverware, stemware and computers.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers and printers.
Visa Requirements:Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Evening Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00679