Arthur J. Gallagher Area Senior Vice President in United States
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
Gallagher Fiduciary Advisors, LLC (GFA) is the independent Institutional Investment & Fiduciary Services practice of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG). Gallagher Fiduciary Advisors, LLC, (GFA), is a firm of over 50 employees with offices in Washington DC, Newark, NJ; and Pittsburgh, PA. GFA delivers independent, conflict-free investment advisory and fiduciary services that includes discretionary investment decision making across whole portfolios, and acting as an independent fiduciary for particular assets to cure ERISA conflicts of interest and prohibited transactions. Clients include ERISA single and multi-employer benefit funds, nonprofit, healthcare, corporate, religious, public pension and other benefit funds, foundations, endowments and union treasury funds. Client assets under advisement total approximately $45 billion, and GFA also acts in an independent fiduciary capacity over approximately $2 billion of assets (as of 6/30/15). To learn more, visit www.ajg.com/institutionalinvestment to maximize your future potential.
- Has both account management and production responsibilities.
- Responsible for the combined functions of the development and successful acquisition on new business revenue from new and existing clients and providing a high level of client service to assigned accounts.
Performs the role of lead investment consultant on large and complex accounts.
May manage others.
Guide and provide consultative efforts to identify and solve prospect and client investment needs and issues. Maintain an expert knowledge of investments, investment products, philosophies, methodologies and capital markets for retirement plans, foundation and endowments and other institutional investment clients.
Provide proactive and creative support to clients.
Apply good judgment and appropriate follow-through with clients, firm employees, investment managers and other service providers to clients.
Demonstrate initiative and ownership of all client-related work.
Exhibit strong knowledge of finance and investment theory and practice and the ability to apply this knowledge to client work.
Manage and deliver loosely defined and complex practice/research area work and client projects.
Manage day-to-day interaction with clients and other related service providers.
Make presentations to and deal directly with clients, their trustees and/or Board of Directors. Take lead role in meeting preparation and conducting client meetings.
Efficiently manage internal resources to allow for effective handling of multiple projects for multiple client simultaneously.
Provide leadership that contributes to the success of assigned client teams.
Supervise analyst work.
Assist with development of investment best thinking.
Expected 25% of time focused on intellectual capital development.
Provide thought leadership on asset class and investment manager research.
Development of white papers and thought leadership.
Produce new revenue production annually through sales via new and existing clients. Expected 25% of time focused on new business development.
Participate in new business presentation as required.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience
OR-- High School Diploma/GED and 8 years related experience required
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ related experience
- Professional designation such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA); Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF); Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA); and/or Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Excellent sales capabilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Organization: Gallagher Benefit Services
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 24366