Fairmont Assistant Director, Finance & Business Support in United States
Assistant Director, Finance & Business Support
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. As Chief Accountant, your numerical and leadership skills will form a “perfect balance” in support of your team and our dynamic business.
Hotel Overview: * *Opening the Summer of 2017, the Fairmont Austin will offer 1048 guest rooms and suites along with 106,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is part of the pre-opening team and will begin on or around May 2017.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activity of the Accounting department and ensure all standards are followed
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reports
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Continuously manage and support budget and forecast activities and assist Departmental Leaders as required
- Oversee the financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Senior Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements:Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Austin-Fairmont Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 24.Jan.2017, 12:59:00 AM
Req ID: AUS00019