Fairmont Assistant Front Office Manager in United States
Assistant Front Office Manager
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Showcase your interpersonal strengths as Assistant Front Office Manager, where you will lead, train and recognize your team in support of exceptional guest service!
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle's most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Assistant Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Provides leadership support for Reception, Royal Service and Guest Services in the daily operational duties for these areas
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, personalized and engaging service
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of all Reception colleagues in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Communicate through pre-shift logs, emails and departmental meetings all pertinent information for the respective shift and areas of operation
- Represent executive office and senior leadership team as Manager on Duty
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful manner
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies Other duties as assigned
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset Fluency in English
- Minimum of 1 year previous proven supervisory experience
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset
- Should possess or seek certification in basic first aid
- Must be able to work day and evening shifts including weekends & holidays
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain authorization to work in the United States. APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Seattle-The Fairmont Olympic Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: SEA00885