Fairmont Business Travel Sales Manager in United States
Manager, Business Travel Sales
The Business Travel Sales Manager is responsible for the account development and maintenance process for the Business Travel, Consortia, and Wholesale market segments to maximize room revenue, occupancy and average rate.
The Fairmont Newport Beach hotel in Southern California radiates a dramatic feel from both an architectural and design standpoint. Each and every aspect is designed to surround you with the total 'O.C.' luxury experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Business Travel Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Responsible for establishing the presence and enhancing the image of The Fairmont Newport Beach & Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in all Individual Travel market segments.
- Research, identify, target and solidify relationships with new and existing Local and Global Corporate, Consortia & Wholesale accounts, producing room nights in Newport Beach, CA.
- Conduct weekly sales calls to existing Corporate, Volume and Consortia accounts as well as uncover new business.
- Conduct monthly sales trips to top producing US feeder cities to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are completed and documented.
- Travel to conduct outside calls and promote the hotel. Develop measurable targeted action plans for account penetration and growth.
- Maintain preferred status in top Consortia/Mega Agencies with monthly sales calls & presentations to top producing local and top feeder city agencies to maximize revenues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual Marketing Plan as it pertains to Individual Travel market segments to be utilized in the achievement of revenue goals.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure that new programs, services, amenities, etc. targeted to the Individual Travelers are effective and assist in the further growth of the Individual Travel market segments.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of Business Travel Sales and the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Four-year college degree in related field prefered
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Business Travel Sales with four (2) years of hotel sales experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, be flexible work under pressure, and organized
- Attention to detail
- Strong prospecting and negotiating skills required
- Superb communication skills required
- Professional Sales and presentation skills
- Proficiency in organizational planning, implementation and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Leadership and administrative ability
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self-motivated, creative, confident and highly energetic personality
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office and Property Management Systems
*Visa Requirements: *
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
The Fairmont Newport Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/V/D
Primary Location: United States-Newport Beach-Fairmont Newport Beach
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Closing Date: 15.Feb.2017, 2:59:00 AM
Req ID: NEW00606