Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Inc. Career Advancement Trainer - (AE19018) in United States
JOB TITLE: Career Advancement Trainer
DIVISION: Workforce Advancement
REPORTS TO: Career Advancement Team Supervisor
COMPANY: Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our ten-year vision is to transform the lives of 100,000 Central Texans through work. Work. Empower. Transform. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Career Advancement Trainer is responsible for teaching job readiness skills to group or individuals. Develops training and evaluates performance of participants to meet objectives and become job ready. Additional responsibilities will include working cross departmentally to further the mission of Goodwill Central Texas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Contribute to quality of training materials including designing, editing, updating materials used in standard job readiness training classes. 2. Instruct participants in pre-employment and job retention skills, including but not limited to resume, application, interviewing skills, job readiness skills, time management and computer skills. 3. Analyze and assess performance improvement in job readiness participant behavior. 4. Work cross-departmentally to further the mission of Goodwill Central Texas. 5. Exhibit punctuality, professional behavior and expertise in classroom presentation and instruction. 6. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with all stakeholders in regards to training curriculum and client/employer needs. 7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by administrative regulations and policy. Accurately enter services and training hours into ECM. 8. Demonstrate ethics and comply with the Corporate Compliance Program.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend staff and other organization meetings as required by Workforce Advancement.
- Participate in available staff development courses designed to enhance professional and leadership skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- BA or BS degree in education, business, or a social service related field. Minimum of 1 year experience working with individuals who have barriers to employment.
- Formal training or class facilitator experience for socially disadvantaged individuals (e.g. Homeless, Ex-offenders, and Low Literacy etc)
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills, including interviewing skills.
- Knowledge of Goodwill services and of community resources and business networking.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and other Social Media applications.
- TDL, liability insurance, vehicle in good working condition, clean driving record.
- Ability to conduct and /or translate training sessions bilingually.
- Experience with Instructional Design
- Experience with Adult Learners
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
$17.00 an hour
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Requisition ID: AE19018
Job Title: Career Advancement Trainer
Job Type: Full-Time
Post Date: 09/15/2017