Arthur J. Gallagher Client Relationship Consultant- Retirement Services in United States
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
The Client Relationship Consultant* *is responsible for the day-to-day account management for small to mid-sized clients that are routine/moderately complex client accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients at all levels within the company
- Works closely with the GRS Sales Consultant on the transition of the new client post the completed sales process
- Cultivates relationships with most senior buyer in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client representatives and buyers
- Prepare and negotiate fee-based pricing of services, ensuring account profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the client service agreement
- Responsible to have meaningful discussions with clients on their future benefit and risk management needs that might result with the expansion of the Gallagher relationship
- Has retention goals for assigned group of accounts
- Ensure client satisfaction and profitability through careful prioritization of responsibilities, proactive/candid communications, and the use of sound judgment of all client interactions.
- Continually build and leverage credible relationships with internal/external clients to achieve desirable outcomes
- Assess and prioritize client needs in a timely manner. Identify and help clients to focus on their most critical needs.
- Schedule and conduct investment/service reviews quarterly. Oversight of new business implementation processes.
- Secure all legal documentation. Interface with Support Service areas on issues relating to the client.
- Review/approve all key client deliverables. Set and communicate clear and realistic expectations in order to avoid perception of service delivery failure.
- Survey client satisfaction through regular service reviews.
- Keep up-to-date on all aspects of accounts enabling proactive communication with clients.
- Develop the plan to ensure client loyalty and long-term relationship, as well as referenceable clients.
- Create and maintain a high level of personal contact with clients to maintain an appropriate rapport
- Manage communications with clients to create positive perceptions of the Firm.
Bachelors degree plus 3 or more years client coordination and/or claims management experience
OR-- High School diploma/GED with 8 or more years client coordination and/or claims management experience
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified
- Able and willing to travel approximately 25% of the time, or less
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and MS Office
- Ability to interact and consult at the “C” level
- Industry experience in excess of 5 years working as a consultant or a provider client relationship manager
- Possess the following expertise and ability to deliver:
- Plan Design Consulting
- RFP Assembly and Analysis
- Investment Analysis
- Quarterly Investment Delivery and Replacement
- Quarterly Plan Updates
- Annual Report Review
- Investment Policy Statement Origination and Review
- Meeting Minutes and Documentation
- Participate and add value in finalist presentation (will be a part of the finalist presentation)
- Annual Plan Review
- Possess deep technical knowledge:
- ERISA consulting
- DoL reviews and updates
- Retirement plan rules and regulations
- Fiduciary Consulting
- All products and services including 401(k), Defined Benefit, 403(b)
- Consultative skills, experience and perspective to deliver client relationship management and retention of clients over the long term
- Willingness and capability to travel
- Series 6 and 7/63 and life insurance license
- Ability to generate leads and cross selling opportunities
- Sales Support:
- Identify cross-selling opportunities for additional products and services to expand business opportunities.
- Support sales consultants in various phases of the sales process including final presentation to prospects.
- Stay abreast of current market, business and legislative issues and trends:
- Be a student of the industry and continually educate self about current retirement issues, products, and new developments.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the clients’ business to grow GRS client relationships
- Ability to support, work and take direction from members of the Gallagher Retirement Services Sales team
Personal attributes of the successful individual include:
A winning attitude
- Can work under pressure and timeliness
- Is a student of the industry
- Strong work ethic
- Want and willingness to make a difference and help grow a company
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Client Service/Account Management
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Dublin
Organization: Gallagher Benefit Services
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 34285