Fairmont Clubhouse Grill Host/Hostess (On Call) in United States
Host / Hostess
**As a Host/Hostess with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable first impression for guests of our restaurants and lounges, making them feel welcome and valued.
Hotel Overview: * *
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Clubhouse Grill Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
Communicate between management and servers of all reservations, guests, and comments
Greet each guest with a smile upon arrival and departure.
Answer all phone calls received at the hostess stand
Maintain cleanliness and organization of hostess stand and entryway
Basic knowledge of food, beverage, and menu of the restaurant
Knowledge of the resort to accurately answer guest questions
Oversee maintenance of all Reservation and Hostess equipment, software, and supplies.
Communication of guest profile and expectations is essential to rely forward to servers and management.
Work in a safe manner at all times and follow all safety procedures.
- Prior serving experience preferred.
- Food Handlers Card required.
- High School graduate
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- This person must have exceptional communicational skills, as well as superior guest service abilities. * *
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must have superior guest service abilities as well as complete understanding of California serving guidelines.
- Must be able to work late night shifts when requested.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00660