Bruno Independent Living Aids Designer in United States
Work with the New Product Development team designing and/or modifying CAD models using Solidworks. Utilize CAD techniques to prepare detail drawings. Prepare BOM and specification sheets for new products. With direction, build prototypes and set up tests to support product development with consideration given to engineering codes and regulations and introduce products to production. Support current engineering processes in all aspects of product lifecycle. Seek product enhancements, cost reduction opportunities and implement requested changes. Requires attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Occasional travel required.
- Create and modify CAD assemblies, models and drawings using Solidworks
- Create accurate Bills of materials for parts and assemblies
- Test new and existing products; work with others to adapt new concepts and designs to eliminate waste in manufacturing processes
- Create work orders for R&D; assign parts as needed and participate in implementation
- Create engineering change notices (ECN), perform field review (troubleshooting) and create cost reductions
- Determine correct assembly process, use of assembly tools and sequential work instructions
- Investigate quality of internal and external parts to assure quality of completed product
- Obtain feedback from internal and external (dealers and customers) sources to best adapt design of current products for ease of use and installation
Education and Experience:
- Two year technical degree required.
- Proficient with SolidWorks or equivalent 3D design program, integrating mechanical and electrical components in 3D Models.
- Two or more years design experience and manufacturing support functions is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of information, such as technical procedures, business correspondence, and governmental regulations furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Create business-level written correspondence and verbally present information to internal and external customers.
- Above average mechanical aptitude.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as laser cutting, forming, welding, and milling.
- Good organizational skills required.
- Requires job related software skills, Solidworks, MS Office and the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Regular office environment, approximately 80% of time.
- Modern production facility/engineering lab with heat and air conditioning approx. 20% of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, kneel and reach.
- The employee is required to regularly lift up to 10 pounds; periodically up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds, with assistance.
Req No.: 2016-1147
Type: Regular Full-Time - RFT