Allergan Dir Medical Scientific-Neuroscience in United States
Dir Medical Scientific-Neuroscience
United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/842/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 11, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Join our bold team! Learn more at www.Allergan.com.
This role is primarily responsible for oversight and development of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) team regionally to support Medical Affairs strategic priorities and to ensure medical/scientific accuracy, and non-promotional integrity of all regional activities. Other responsibilities include authorizing activities, recruiting, interviewing and hiring personnel, promotions and transfers, assigning and reviewing work, appraising performance, and counseling and disciplining MSLs within the region. This role will also teach, train and develop the MSL staff with regards to the skills and knowledge needed to achieve established goals and facilitate implementation of MSL research and education programs. Under the guidance of the Neuro/Uro Sr. Director, this role will provide input into the strategy and direction for the field based MSL team.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Develop, deploy, and manage the MSL team regionally. Maintain standards for the group which support both corporate priorities and regulatory/legal limitations. Responsible for all aspects of managing MSL team. Ensures timely execution of recruitment and hiring of new employees and timely execution of coaching/counseling sessions. Works with Human Resources to manage employee relations issues and is responsible for the termination of employees when necessary. Responsible for the completion and execution of the annual performance review process and development plan.
· Ensures team is highly trained and has the skills and capabilities to meet or exceed requirements. Participates in MSL knowledge assessments conducted through Scientific Communications.
· Provide appropriate coverage and scientific support of national and regional medical conferences. Maintain and provide appropriate support of appropriate educational programs to support Allergan medical priorities.
· Support research initiatives as requested by Allergan R&D Departments and ensure appropriate support of Allergan IIT program.
· Identify unmet educational needs and ideas for new MSL materials and provide input to Scientific Communications in MSL material/tool development.
· Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
· Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong presentation and teaching skills
· Techniques of recruiting, interviewing and selecting applicants for employment
· Principles and practices of supervising, training and evaluating employees
· Ability to convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
· Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information
· Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information
· Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment
· Ability to adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Ability to travel 50-60%
· Strong team and leadership skills
· Current Allergan MSLs will be evaluated based upon demonstrated excellence, leadership, and teamwork
· Preferred minimum 5 year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc) and minimum 5 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
· Supervisory experience a plus
· Experience in as a MSL or in Neuroscience/Neurology/Rehabilitation preferred
· Advanced degree with health science background (Pharm.D, M.D., Ph.D)