Washington State DSHS Licensed Practical Nurse 4 in United States
A Meaningful Career for Licensed Practical Nurses!
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse 4 (LPN4) who has a passion to work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. At Fircrest Residential Habilitation Center we strive to promote individual worth, self-respect, and dignity such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Transcribing and carrying out physician's orders for all medications and treatments.
- Ensuring that medication/treatments are done following proper procedures.
- Assessing any changes in client status and reports to higher level-nursing and communicates with families/guardians as needed.
- Recording health data, medications and treatments in the clients' charts/records.
- Initiating and accurately and timely completing Event Report.
- Documenting observations and pertinent information regarding client status in progress records.
- Training and mentoring of new LPN staff in the areas as well as on-going training of current staff.
- Participating in evaluation, consultation and performance feedback with licensed staff.
- Assisting the RN as necessary and/or as delegated.
Assisting with physician with physical exams. What we are looking for:
Knowledge of and is able to administer medications as ordered.
- Ability to work with clients who may exhibit challenging behavior and clients with dual diagnosis of developmental disability and mental illness.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in supporting clients in crisis by emphasizing the helping relationship using program approved methods.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate effectively orally and in writing on all issues related to client care.
Ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, clients and the public as required to carry out the assigned duties of the position. Required Qualifications:
Possession of a valid license to practice within the State of Washington
- Two year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment please refer to Project #08577 and contact Patricia Warren at (360) 902-8056, or email email@example.com
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08577 KG38E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 2/28/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,140.00 - $4,109.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA