Fairmont Electrician in United States
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle’s most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Engineering Assistant Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems
- Required to adjust, troubleshoot, and repair to maintain electrical systems.
Inspects electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance
Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair
Installs electrical system components (e.g. lighting, alarms, electrical panels, switches, circuits, scoreboards, timers, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded electrical capabilities
Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information
Repairs electrical components and/or systems (e.g. motors, circuits, transformers, generators, compressors, switches, intercom systems, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition
Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually PMs on Electrical Systems
- Maintain routine electrical stock supplies (circuit breakers, fuses, ballasts, switches, outlets, etc.) needed to perform PMs/Repairs on all mechanical & electrical equipment
- Assist Plant Mechanic in monitoring building systems via Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System and perform routine electrical maintenance on controls for all HVAC Equipment
- Assist in the Annual Infrared Testing done by outside contractor and coordinate any/all necessary repairs in the Annual IR Report
- Provide oversight of Lockout/Tagout Program
- Perform Engineering Shift Duties as assigned
- Must speak, read and write English
- Journeyman Electrician license is required and must be maintained
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a practicing journeyman electrician with commercial / industrial equipment or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in the electrical maintenance field
- Previous hotel experience an asset
- Must be able to work as a team player to accomplish goals of the engineering department in a safe manner
- SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in the repair and maintenance of electrical systems; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; adhering to safety practices; and handling hazardous materials.
- KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods, techniques, materials, tools used in installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems/subsystems; troubleshoot/maintain mechanical, electrical, environmental systems/subsystems including control/balancing these systems; and blueprints and schematics.
- ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize a variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working independently and with interruptions; and complying with OSHA/WISHA regulations.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Able to lift anywhere from 10 to 50 pounds routinely and knowledge to rig material handling equipment to maneuver equipment heavier than 50 pounds safely
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 35% walking and 65% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
- Wet or humid conditions indoor/outdoor conditions
- Work near operating machinery
Visa Requirements:Must be eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Seattle-The Fairmont Olympic Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: SEA00903