Fairmont Engineering - Kitchen Mechanic in United States
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- This position will maintain and repair all Kitchen related Mechanical and Electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair all Kitchen related Mechanical and Electrical equipment including fryers, steamers, griddles, hot boxes and dishwashers.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, inspection and repair.
- Install and repair plumbing distribution in kitchens and bar areas throughout the property. Maintain familiarity with welding, brazing and cutting torch practices as needed for repairs.
- Install and repair gas lines to all kitchen equipment.
- Install and maintain new equipment (assist HVAC team on cooler and freezer installations).
- Maintain grease line and sanitation lines, snaking out of drains in all kitchens and bars.
- Test and operate all equipment to ensure proper function.
- Comply with OSHA regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and safety precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in electrical, plumbing, gas, mechanical systems or controls required.
- Technical degree or equivalent skill level in one or more areas of plumbing, electrical, gas, mechanical systems and controls.
- Valid Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record required.
- Material Handling Equipment certification as required.
Visa Requirements:Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00751