Arvest Executive Assistant in United States
SUMMARY: With limited supervision from a senior member of management, the incumbent assists with the running of the bank or division’s business. In addition to providing administrative support, the incumbent spends much of their time providing operation support by acting as gatekeeper with respect to various areas of the business, handling more complex situations and assisting in various projects based on the immediate needs of the business. This position impacts the bank's image, internal morale, respect and external perception of bank integrity. The incumbent will be required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with management, associates, customers and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and board of directors.
- Conserves executive’s time by routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, planning long or short term business objectives, handling complaints and initiating telecommunications such as answering emails and any other types of correspondence on behalf of the executive.
- Assists with drafting communications to key strategic members and setting agendas for upcoming meetings.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence and relays information on behalf of the executive.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the management team, as directed.
- Coordinate logistics and make arrangements for management, committee, board, and other meetings/events.
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for associates.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Manages and maintains executive’s schedule and calendar by planning meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel while exercising discretion in committing executive’s time. May arrange schedules and appointments of other staff members.
- Greet visitors and answer calls to determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals and take messages when necessary.
- As needed supervise and/or train other clerical staff.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in business or management or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years Administrative Support or Banking/Industry experience (or combination of both) required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications required
- Arvest experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality on all business functions.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Position can be located in Fort Smith, Alma, or Lowell, AR.; Flexible City (1 State)
Grade: 13 NMET SSMET
Accepting applications through: October 23, 2016
Details: Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: See Below