Fairmont Executive Steward in United States
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your leadership strengths and model our service culture as Chief Steward, where you will ensure a superior standard for all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment in support of our Culinary and Banquets teams.
Hotel Overview: * *Opening the Summer of 2017, the Fairmont Austin will offer 1048 guest rooms and suites along with 106,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most anticipated hotel opening in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is part of the pre-opening team and will begin on or around May 2017.
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
- Ensure all banquet event orders are reviewed and ensure proper set-ups are in place
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in chinasilverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines
- Work closely with the Chef, Director of Banquets/Catering to anticipate guest needs
- Order and control all inventory of cleaning compounds
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Austin-Fairmont Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 24.Jan.2017, 12:59:00 AM
Req ID: AUS00024