Fairmont Food and Beverage: Lobby Lounge Server in United States
*Lobby Lounge Server *
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Lobby Lounge Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Displays a congenial appearance.
Attend daily pre-shift.
- Clear, clean, reset and maintain Lobby tables during shift.
- Assist other Servers to give the best possible service as specified in Hotel Dining Standards of Service Manual.
- Understands the processes of delivery and removal of all product and equipment.
- Handle all guest checks according to Hotel policy.
- Always works with and supports other servers.
- Maintains pars and equipment as needed to successfully accomplish all restaurant service tasks.
- Completion of side work as assigned by Manager.
- Assist guests in a friendly, professional manner.
- Follow directions from Manager at all times.
- Maintain proper uniform, ID badge and nametag at all times.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Table set-up and break down.
- Greet all guests and seat them accordingly.
- Menu knowledge.
- Afternoon tea service – 3 courses.
- Loose tea knowledge desirable.
- Responsible for Tea service from Fridays through Sundays. Shifts start at noon.
- Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests.
Prior serving experience minimum 2 years.
Food Handlers Card required.
Knowledge of Restaurant operations, services, and facilities.
Knowledge of Forbes Service Standards is a plus
Sommelier certification is a plus
- TIPS Training or equivalent Responsible Alcohol Service Training is a plus
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
Must have superior guest service abilities as well as complete understanding of California serving guidelines.
Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
Requires cash handling and making change accurately.
- Requires regular, predictable attendance.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00693