Fairmont Hale Kai Bar Porter in United States
Hale Kai Bar Porter
As a Bar Porter with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and flavours that are hallmarks of our restaurant and lounge experience. Your warm, attentive guest service and passion for mixology is worth raising a glass to!
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children’s program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Prepare mixer, cut fruit, receive requisitions, check par levels, refill mixers, get ice, run food, and collect and dispose of garbage
- Sweep the floors, polish brass and steel, mop, clean glassware and wipe down bars. Set-up and break down the bar. Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of service areas and equipment
- Assist bar staff when needed
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Colleagues with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, colleagues may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel, which includes overtime and possible 6 day work weeks. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required
- Upon employment, all colleagues are required to fully comply with Fairmont rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Colleagues who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned
- Retrieve requisitions (beverage, food and non-food)
- Participate in the deep cleaning of the outlet
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Must have knowledge of and be able to operate all equipment related to the outlet, including, but no limited to, coffee maker and cash terminal.
- Must have a strong knowledge of drink preparation and applicable health standards
- Ability to describe all menu items, prices, and methods of preparation.
- Ability to use suggestive up selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties
- Must be have knowledge of various liquors and wines
- Must have knowledge of mixing and creating basic liquor drinks
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with staff and maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
- Exceptional oral communication skills to ensure ability to negotiate and persuade guests and staff to achieve results beneficial to operation of hotel.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate guests, superiors and subordinates in intense emotional situations
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve dates, names, times and other data
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must currently be authorized to work in the United States. APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS**At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Orchid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Kohala Coast-The Fairmont Orchid
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 10.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: ORC01780