Arthur J. Gallagher Human Resources Service Center Specialist in United States
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
The Human Resources Service Center Specialist will serve as an integral member of a team providing first-tier general HR support to all Gallagher employees, assisting employees and managers with questions regarding benefits, HR tools and processes, directing individuals to the appropriate contacts for additional assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to employee requests and inquiries, directing employees to relevant policies or documentation
- Processes employee transactions
- Answers questions regarding employee benefit plans
- Manages input of information into Oracle to support all employee changes and transactions; responsible for integrity of data within Oracle database
- Responsible for providing first level response to HR tool, process, and program questions and issues
- Solves routine problems and issues and provides tracking through ticketing system
- Escalates complex issues or questions to defined subject matter experts
- Identifies areas for continuous process improvement
- Documents all work flows and processes in work manuals, develops and maintains statements of procedures
- May provide clerical/administrative support to one or more functional areas of Human Resources, such as recruitment and staffing, personnel records, employee or labor relations, compensation, benefits, training and/or equal opportunity/affirmative action
- Processes various applications, employment, enrollment, pay change, informational and other confidential forms and records
- Gathers information and prepares reports
- Maintains and distributes as appropriate, current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications
- May perform higher level duties involving employee communications, such as pre-employment screening, facilitation of background checks, responding to routine questions on human resources policies and procedures, identifying potential issues and grievances, etc.
- Operates a computer terminal and/or personal computer, utilizing a variety of web-based applications, as well as all MS Office applications
- Upholds service level agreement metrics regarding commitments to problem resolution timeframes, and manages service tickets through fulfillment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in position or specialization, supporting HR programs and processes.
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook.
- Must have prior experience completing transactions in HR Systems.
- Demonstrated process engineering/mapping, process improvement experience
- Aptitude for technology and process improvement.
- Comfortable with learning new technology and tools.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and critical thinking required.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Organization: Home Office Division
Req ID: 37924