Arthur J. Gallagher Internal Audit Assistant in United States
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
The InternalAudit departmentis responsiblefor performing global auditand advisoryservices thatencompassfinancial, compliance, andoperationalreviews in accordancewith professional audit standards. The* Audit Assistant*supports the department by administering and providing user support for the audit management software system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
■ Oversee/assist in the administration and management of Accelus, the audit management software tool.
■ Perform data entry for audit projects and reports into Accelus.
■ Prepare and distribute monthly/periodic reports from Accelus.
■ Monitor the quality and timeliness of the monthly remediation updates.
■ Train stakeholders how to effectively access and use Accelus, access and use reports, dashboards, and reporting/analytics tools.
■ Maintain and update Accelus documentation and training materials.
■ Participate in testing applications relating to upgrades and system modifications.
■ Participate in special projects as needed.
■ High school degree.
■ 1-3 years of experience working in a systems support role.
■ Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a diverse and multicultural environment are essential.
■ Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
■ Associates degree.
■ Experience in supporting accounting systems or audit management software (e.g., Thomson Reuters Accelus).
■ Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
■ Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, people-oriented, and have a high energy level.
■ Commitment to and record of strong customer service.
■ Ability to be proactive in problem resolution.
■ Effective time management skills.
■ Abilitytomanage/balancemultiple priorities and deliver work onatimely basis.
■ Good organizational skills, strict attention to detail, and proven ability to follow-through.
■ Effective writtenand oralcommunication skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Organization: Home Office Division
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 36158