WEC Energy Group IT Applications (Programmer/Developer) in United States
Job TitleIT Applications (Programmer/Developer)
Business UnitIT Services
CompanyWEC Business Services
External Job ResponsibilitiesThe Associate IT/ IT Applications /Sr. Applications (Developer/ Programmer) is responsible for supporting business critical systems related to customer Outage Management. The systems supported include a mixture of vendor and in-house developed applications primarily utilizing Microsoft development tools . This position requires filling a lead role in working with clients to identify their needs and providing technical expertise in the evaluation of software solutions.
Production support includes troubleshooting applications, interacting with software vendors and responding to user requests. 24x7 on-call support is required on a rotating basis. The ability to work independently on small/medium projects or as a team member on larger projects is required.
Education/Experience RequirementsCandidates must have completed a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related discipline. Successful candidates should have:
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members and vendors
• Strong analysis, decision making and problem solving abilities
• Organizing and planning skills necessary to work independently
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong technical IT skills that includes application architecture
• Project management experience preferred
This is a job family posting where experience will be the determining factor in level filled.