Fairmont Kitchen Steward in United States
Kitchen StewardEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Kitchen Steward, where your attentiveness and care will ensure the creation of exceptional cuisine.
Born of a golden era, the history of The Claremont dates back to the early days of the Gold Rush, when a Kansas farmer by the name of Bill Thornburg "struck it rich". The Claremont boasts an award winning Spa & The Club at The Claremont.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Executive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Operate an industrial dishwasher
- Ensure the kitchen Colleagues have the dishes/silverware required and guests have clean dishes
- Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation and inventoried
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- previous experience not required
*Physical Aspects of Position: *Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
The Claremont Hotel Club and Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company.
Primary Location: United States-Berkeley-Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 27.May.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: CLA00285