Fairmont Laundry Supervisor in United States
Memorable experiences for our Guests and Colleagues is the essence of being a Leader with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As a Laundry Supervisor, your attention to detail will show the Housekeeping team that you are committed to providing luxury Guest experiences. The energy and enthusiasm you display will create a “fun” place to work.
Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 150,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort will open 102 new guest rooms late spring 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Laundry Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* * Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to all internal and external guests/contracts * Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed * Handle Guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas * Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings * Ensure all colleagues are informed daily about priorities in the department * Establish and maintain constructive, supportive and professional colleague relationships * Working knowledge of financial reporting structures (budgets, labor, productivity, revenue, expenses) * Responsible for the recruitment, training and ongoing performance management of all Laundry/Valet colleagues * Assist in balancing operational, administrative and Colleague needs * Report necessary maintenance items in a timely manner and maintain open communication with Engineering team * Follow departmental policies and procedures * Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping or Laundry environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, Micros-Fidelio desirable
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and Guest
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V
Primary Location: United States-Scottsdale-Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Closing Date: 22.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: SCP02112