Bruno Independent Living Aids Material Handler/Driver (1st Shift) in United States
Transport incoming and outgoing manufactured parts and products to designated areas using forklift truck, hand jack, carts or other power driven equipment. Supply production areas with a variety of materials. Load material to and from pallets, shelves and trucks. Perform electronic inventory transactions to receive incoming material, verify counts and perform accurate data entry. Use computer software to enter weight and dimensions, process shipments, validate shipping methods and print bills of lading, invoices and shipping labels.
- Knowledge of inventory, Kanban and/or manufacturing storage systems.
- Read and interpret work instructions and engineering prints.
- Operate a forklift, lift cranes, hand jack, and hand and air powered tools.
- Count and record incoming raw materials using basic math skills.
- Enter incoming raw materials and quantities into software for company tracking.
- Identify and maintain accurate inventory locations.
- Supply production area with needed materials from inventory.
- Load material to or from pallets, trays or shelves.
- Order parts from suppliers using computer and Kanban system.
- Communicate part shortages, scrap, or delays in part process or distribution.
- Prepare product or parts for shipment.
- Load trucks for shipments.
- Make pick-ups and deliveries to all plants using company truck.
- Perform receiving tasks to meet daily production standards of quality and quantity.
- Unload, unpack and examine incoming shipment, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with Purchasing, Transportation and Inventory Depts to rectify damages and shortages.
*Education and Experience: *
- High school or general education (GED) and 2 years material handling and receiving and shipping experience required.
- Must be proficient at: data entry and processing of transactions.
- Forklift operation experience is required.
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a box truck.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL A.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Complete standardized written documentation and correspondence.
- Professionally communicate in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to perform tasks using computer software and Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Environment is a modern production facility with heat and air conditioning.
- Work in outdoor elements daily, for short periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to walk, stand, bend to reach from floor and overhead, use hands and fingers to manipulate tools and products.
- The job requires the operation of a box truck, motorized forklift and manual pallet jack.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds regularly, 31 to 50 pounds occasionally, and 51 to 70 pounds with assistance occasionally.
Req No.: 2016-1115
Type: Regular Full-Time - RFT
Work Schedule: 6:00am-2:30pm