Fairmont Order Taker in United States
**Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. As an Order Taker providing warm service, efficiency and knowledge of our menu offerings, you will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of every memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: Situated atop the scenic bluffs overlooking Santa Monica Beach, Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is just a stone's throw away from some of Southern California’s best attractions including Santa Monica Pier and its historic carousel as well as Third Street Promenade -- famous for its fine restaurants, live entertainment, movie theatres, shopping, local artists' scene and a weekly farmer’s market.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the In Room Dinning Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Maintain proper telephone etiquette at all times
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists
- Record guest orders accurately and efficiently while honoring all special requests
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset
- Previous Point of Sale System experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Sitting and standing throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: United States-Santa Monica-Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: MIR00991