Fairmont Painter in United States
As a Painter at the Fairmont Newport Beach you will be responsible for performing all work necessary to keep the hotel and properties walls, ceilings and flooring finish in the very highest of condition. You will be carrying out renovations and remodeling offices, public spaces and any space within the hotel and properties as directed by the Chief Engineer.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Newport Beach hotel in Southern California radiates a dramatic feel from both an architectural and design standpoint. Each and every aspect is designed to surround you with the total 'O.C.' luxury experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer,responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Performs work on all wall finishes to ensure they are in perfect condition. This may include but not limited to repairing cracks and holes, wallpapering, plastering, dry walling and painting
- Performs work on ceiling to ensure they are in perfect condition this may include but not limited to replacing ceiling tile, track, repairing cracks and holes, plastering, dry walling and painting
- Responsible for working with contractors and in-house staff with regards to their renovation and remodeling requirements and prepare a parts list and pricing for the project
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience is an asset
- 5 years experience in a similar role prefered
- Experience with a variety of wall finishes
- Knowledge of paints, thinners and work related chemicals
- Familiar with WHMIS & OSHA guidelines
- Excellent guest service
- Must be able to communicate in the English language
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy loads up to 50lb
*Visa Requirements: *All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
The Fairmont Newport Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/V/D
Primary Location: United States-Newport Beach-Fairmont Newport Beach
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 13.Feb.2017, 2:59:00 AM
Req ID: NEW00605