Unisys Position Opening at Unisys in United States
- A Senior Engineering Manager manages the human resources of a highly complex cross organizational and/or Business Unit project or program. They may also manage or participate in the technical activities, schedules and costs associated with that project/program. They follow established business processes and supports critical business strategies by directing the design, development, implementation, and support of software products and ensures that well-defined processes are used to deliver and maintain the project/program.
- Implement management strategy and/or engineering strategy and provide direction to the team handling requirements, design, development, delivery, and support on time as per specified quality standards
- Review requirements documents and statements of work. May sometimes create these documents. Interface with other functions and third parties on requirements and business issues.
- Collaborate with key stakeholder and define, build and communicate the solution framework and roadmap. Interface with the architect, portfolio manager, and team on technical issues.
- Oversee and manage the solution development teams by setting priorities and, as appropriate, making key technical contributions
- Work with other managers to staff the highest priority programs; ensure people and resources are working on the highest priority programs.
- Collaborate with project managers and/or principal/lead engineers to implement project plan.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks and any other conflicts or differences of opinion
- Review the project progress regularly with key stakeholders.
- Build technical skills within the team, facilitate innovation and research activities, and identify critical learning solutions for the team
- Understand Unisys products and solutions along with their interrelationships and collective relevance to business.
- Conduct project impact analysis and feasibility study and interact with key stakeholders to plan new solutions.
- Understand the delivery process in product engineering and produce required artifacts and deliverables using the appropriate tools and processes.
- Improve business processes and support critical business strategies by directing the product development, implementation and maintenance of software products
- Complete performance reviews on all team members within the Unisys policy/guidelines.
- Lead efforts of virtual teams. Understand regional cultural considerations and forms tight working relationships.
- Provide skill and career development opportunities for the people in their organization
- Lead an organization with an employee population of up to 25 employees
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:__
- Understand Product Life Cycle management in a systems engineering environment
- Strong working experience with Agile Methodology
- Extensive working knowledge with systems engineering, software engineering, middleware and operating systems
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across functions and geographical regions
- Proactive, analytical and capable of influencing and providing decision support
- Team Player, leader and mentor
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/EE undergraduate degree, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge.
- Post-graduate degree highly desired
- 10-15 years of experience within a systems engineering organization
- US Citizenship required
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).*Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.*
Unisys is a global information technology (“IT”) company. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
PeopleSoft Req Number: 308656
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering Services