Honeywell Principal Project Engineer in United States
Principal Project Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) organization has an immediate need for a Principal Project Engineer to provide both technical and project engineering leadership within the Product Cost Management (PCM) team responsible for the A350 APS, as well as the other 331 family of APUs across the Product Portfolio. This role will work closely with PCM team leads, APU Business Team, Cost Performance Engineering (CPE), Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME)/Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and other relevant functional organizations across Aerospace to execute high value projects, to achieve competitive product
cost targets, while embracing a sustaining model of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate must be able to apply their experience and knowledge of complex, mechanical systems (including APU, Propulsion engines, etc.) and strong project engineering experience, to lead multiple projects of high complexity within the portfolio of PCM projects. These projects may range from
early pursuit product cost definition efforts with ISC and the Business Team, the execution of PCM development projects/Block changes for a specific APU, to leading large cross-APU programs that impact multiple product lines. This role will engage with the extended team in executing cost management initiatives across all IPDS phases, as well as utilization of the CSB process as appropriate.
- Lead A350 APS Design To Cost (DTC) portfolio of programs, maintaining close coordination with the A350 Product Team and other key stakeholders
- Support the broader PCM team and the Growth and Operations Sr. Manager in implementation of the PCM strategy, integrated plan and overall operating system
- Expansion of current PCM projects into similar-to/adjacent products where additional savings can be achieved across the large APU portfolio and beyond
- Schedule/budget/scope/risk (Control Account Management) responsibility for multiple PCM programs
Support summary/status metric management and reporting of the PCM projects for which you are responsible, including executive communication on a regular basis
50 Project management and execution
20 Design to cost ideation
30 Business integration
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science in MechanicalEngineering, Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline
- Significant years of complex mechanical systems project engineering experience with APU/Propulsion products (or other relevant complex mechanical system)
- Due to site requirements, candidate must be US Citizen
- Experience leading APU (or equivalent complex mechanical system) design, fab, test and certification efforts
- Self-starter, working successfully with minor direction as part of the PCM project team
- Demonstrated track record in successful management of complex projects
- Proven ability to interact and effectively communicate with executives, business leaders, coupled with a skillset to manage a broad cross-functional team in a matrixed environment
- Knowledge of Requirements-Based Engineering (RBE) is a plus (and how requirements may translate to product cost drivers)
- General business acumen and business/cost model experience is a plus
- Proven experience in developing and/or enabling a team to achieve innovative solutions using various tools/techniques
- Pragmatic problem solver with an execution focus
- Other Key behaviors in Mechanical Engineering, AeronauticalEngineering or related discipline
- Black Belt or lean certification is a plus
- Manufacturing background/experience is a plus
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD7866
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA-Phoenix-111 S 34th St. USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.