Bruno Independent Living Aids Project Engineer - Current Products in United States
This position will be a critical member in the engineering teams supporting product in production, the production and manufacturing processes as well as new product development. Involvement will be in all aspects of product lifecycle from assisting in product line issues, Engineering Change Notices, prototyping, testing, production introduction, process issues, current product enhancement/cost opportunities as well as continual improvement investigation, field result based changes and supplier requested changes. Position requires a self-motivated, detail oriented personality. Position requires the ability to travel [10%].
- Assist Product Manager’s and New Product Development Staff in evaluation of products and customers’ needs to create designs of marketable products to increase sales
- Conceptualize, design, develop, select materials, test to standards and implement product changes for production and market sales
- Coordinate with internal departments and external suppliers to assist them in developing parts needed in engineering designs; create Bill of Materials
- Coordinate compliance activities related to engineering/test regulatory bodies
- Develop procedures to test products in test lab or outside facility in accordance with industry standards and witness test procedures maintain compliance to code regulations
- Assist other engineers’ related projects; review, instruct, advise and demonstrate to support their portion of the product launch is on schedule
- Conceptualize, develop, test and implement redesigns to existing products to add value and reduce costs
- Manage multiple issues and deadlines by working with suppliers, team members and outside resources, coordinating design changes and teams’ schedules from concept to implementation
- Proofread Installation, End-user, and Troubleshooting manuals prior to production; Recommend manufacturing process/work instructions for company employees
- Troubleshoot assembly process; act as a resource to answer dealers’ and customers’ concerns regarding product; advise company officials of product-related concerns
- Communicate issues and project status to all levels of the organization, as requested
- Participate in installation of new products for Trade Show displays
- SolidWorks or equivalent 3D design program experience integrating mechanical structure and controls, wiring, sensors and switches
- Schematic reading
- Lead 8D and other root cause tools
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering, experience involved in Engineering driven design or manufacturing support functions.
- Three or more years of experience in designing with engineering software (Solidworks, 3D Cad, Inventor)
- Lean Production and Product Development process experience would be very beneficial.
- Blueprint reading and Bills of Material structuring
- 3D Modeling and 2D print creation
- Tolerance calculations for injection molding, casting, sheet metal forming and welding processes
- Documentation of Electrical harnesses construction and assembly techniques
- D/PFMEA exposure
- Assembly experience for dealing with ESD and EMC issues
- Working with multiple internal and external customers
- Design for low to medium volume [50 to 2500units/mo.] LEAN manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Reliability of design
- Assembly & Test fixture design
- 120v AC & Low voltage DC drives in ¼ to 1 1/2hp range
- Design experience for dealing with ESD and EMC issues
- Battery power supplies and charging
- Regulatory Experience with UL/CSA/ETL/EU Directives and identification of needed parts
Skills and Abilities:
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of information, such as technical procedures, business correspondence, and governmental regulations furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Create business-level written correspondence and verbally present information to internal and external customers.
- Requires job related software skills, MS Office and the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Regular office environment, approximately 60%.
- Modern production facility/engineering lab with heat and air conditioning approximately 40%
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk
- The employee is occasionally required to crouch, knee and reach.
- Ability to travel to evaluate field or supplier issues in NA and possible overseas [less than 10%]
- The employee is periodically required to lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 occasionally, with assistance.
Req No.: 2016-1149
Type: Regular Full-Time - RFT