Fairmont Rounds Cook, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen in United States
Rounds Cook, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Rounds Cook, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
OAK Long Bar + Kitchen Overview:Join our highly talented team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and cuisine. Located on the cornerstone of Copley Square in The Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel, OAK offers a vibrant, social atmosphere in a setting that evokes the youthful energy of Boston while marrying the historic with the new.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte andor buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times* *
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in The United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Boston-The Fairmont Copley Plaza
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 24.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: COP00753