Fairmont Security Supervisor in United States
When you’re ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego’s premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Security, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise department operations on assigned shifts and coordinate department activates and special projects under the direction of the Security Manager.
- Supports the need for security's role of high-level accountability to ensure an integrated security strategy to protect assets and lower operational cost.
- Assist the Director and/or Manager of Security with special projects and provides for the safety and security of guests, colleagues, and resort property in an effective, professional and guest-friendly manner.
- Train and directs department staff in the proper adjudication of their duties, to include the delivery of quality security services to guests and hotel staff in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assist with the hotel safety and loss prevention efforts and emergency drills. Conducts investigations and provides timely follow-up concerning all hotel safety-related issues.
- Coaching of subordinate officers, in conjunction with Grand Del Mar policy and procedure, to instill the standards set forth by Corporate Human Resources.
- Utilize cost-efficient technologies and techniques to provide effective and seamless provision of security services.
- Ensure that the hotel is in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Resolve, document, and track all security related issues or problems.
- Coordinate in a timely fashion all Security logs, shift reports, and other permanent records
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must have experience in hotel/hospitality environment.
- Working knowledge of Hospitality Industry Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- This hands-on position performs a variety of tasks while leading and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and exceptional interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to conduct traffic control in high traffic areas.
Visa Requirements:Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-San Diego-Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Evening Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: GDM00739