Fairmont Senior Public Relations and Marketing Manager in United States
Senior Public Relations and Marketing ManagerAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Marketing professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. Showcase your creative flair and interpersonal skills as the Senior PR and Marketing Manager, where you will grow our market share with exciting promotional campaigns that showcase our exceptional guest offerings.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Olympic is considered Seattle’s most celebrated treasure, and a premier luxury hotel. Since opening in 1924, The Olympic has been the region's destination for prominent civic and social events, as well as honeymoons, birthday celebrations and in-city getaways.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Manage all activity within the marketing and PR department, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Execute marketing plans and programs in conjunction with the Sales department to ensure profit growth
- Oversee all marketing and PR initiatives for the hotel
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on
- Plan and oversee the hotels advertising and promotion activities, including print, electronic, and direct mail
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns
- Oversee copywriting, design, layout, and the production of promotional materials
- Follow the annual budget and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Develop communication strategies and execute public relations programs within the hotel markets as appropriate
- Act as spokesperson for the hotel and as a member of the crisis management team
- Work with corporate Public Relations to develop and execute brand initiatives
- Write and disseminate press kits, releases, editors’ advisories, calendar listings
- Develop and build positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets
- Develop joint, regional and national promotional opportunities with other hotels
- Develop and maintain all media lists and contact information
- Maintain an up-to-date photo and video library, including a photographic record of all media and special events
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience within marketing and PR required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows, InDesign and other relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain authorization to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Seattle-The Fairmont Olympic Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: SEA00930