Fairmont Stewarding Night Cleaner in United States
Will work as a team to support banquet and kitchen staff with maintaining resources and equipment.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is the ultimate elegant oasis, blessed by natural mineral hot springs in the Sonoma Valley. An idyllic, world famous wine growing region abundant with local products, our resort is designed to exude the California Wine Country experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Be informed of weekly schedule and be prompt for the shift
- Stocking the hot line with adequate supply of chinaware, plate covers and anything necessary to present food
- Restocking kitchen and dishes for the next shift
- Complete washing of all china, glassware, and silver pieces according to sanitation standards
- Proper care and maintenance of all equipment in racking stacking, and storage to avoid breakage
- Daily cleaning of floors, walls, stainless steel, dish machines and other kitchen equipment
- Pick up and disposal of trash, cardboard, in all food and beverage areas
- Previous experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position: *Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Applicant must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United States-Sonoma-The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 01.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: SMI01313