Arthur J. Gallagher Supervisor (Claims) - Workers Compensation in United States
At Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. (GB) we are constantly seeking skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take exceptional performance to heart. The professionals we hire help us maintain our reputation as one of the most progressive property/casualty third party claims service organizations in our industry and throughout the world. Gallagher Bassett provides services to Fortune 1000 companies throughout 100 offices worldwide. For the past several years GB has ranked among the largest TPA's by Business Insurance Magazine and was also a recipient of the Business Insurance Readers' Choice award for "Best Third Party Claims Administrator." If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
Under moderate management, supervises a team of claims adjusters. Actively drives adjuster hiring and leads adjuster training. Actively manages assigned adjuster workloads and performance. Participates in compliance and best practice reporting. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of corporate policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uses various metric driven tools such as FOCUS, the Claim Operation Tool Kit to evaluate performance and identify problem areas in advance of them becoming service issues.
- Reviews findings with manager to jointly develop a plan for corrective action..
- Defines team goals and communicates those goals to assigned staff. Motivates people to perform at the highest level.
- Ensures receipt and maintenance of appropriate licenses and/or certifications for themselves and all assigned staff for all states in which states are being handled.
- Communicates with clients, carriers and brokers in a professional, positive and proactive manner.
- Works collaboratively across all internal departments.
- High school diploma.
- 10 or more years related claim experience required.
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of all team member related functions.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Requires exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ensures flawless and consistent execution of client service instructions and performance guarantees
- Ability to actively review work of others via file reviews; identify coaching opportunities, act on needed coaching opportunities and position subordinates for successful development leading to advancement within the organization.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Primary Location: United States-California-Glendale
Organization: Gallagher Bassett Services
Req ID: 38148