SoSi Task Order Area Manager (TOAM) in United States
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-151016-3980: Task Order Area Manager (TOAM)
Job Category Operations Support/Management
Duty Location U.S. - Multiple Locations
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 1-151016-3980
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International (SOSi) is seeking a highly qualified Task Order Area Manager (TOAM) to support a large program providing translation and interpretation services in support of forces engaged in humanitarian, peacekeeping, contingency, and combat operations overseas. The ideal candidate will have significant management experience in support of a professional services contract in a contingency environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Responsible for all resourcing of linguist requirements within their designated area of responsibility
• Responsible for inputting updates to the U.S. Army Synchronized Pre-deployment Operational Tracker (SPOT) program, or like database as directed by the Government, for accountability of all deployed personnel in support of military operations (unless the deployment location of the individual is classified)
• Responsible for providing a current listing of linguist personnel assigned to their areas of responsibilities, and to which units those linguists are assigned to the government upon request
• Must possess current Top Secret/SCI security clearance; U.S. citizenship required
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; OR 20+ years of military experience (retired at E7 or higher level) OR DAWIA Level II Project Management Certification
• 12 years of management experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience within the last 10 years
• Must have the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates
• Personnel will work in harsh and austere locations in Afghanistan
• Work environment is often stressful and detail-oriented