Fairmont Tonga Room Executive Chef in United States
Tonga Room Executive Chef
**Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Chef de Cuisine, you will manage this dynamic department with flair, engaging your team and inspiring a complement of truly spectacular menu offerings.
Hotel Overview: * * Since 1907, The world-renowned flagship Fairmont has served as the San Francisco residence for U.S. presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars. The landmark hotel offers 591 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, three distinctive restaurants, a health club and easy access to the city’s most popular attractions. The grandeur of the fully restored hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a regal experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Conduct daily shift briefings to Kitchen Colleagues
- Manage inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and the issuing of supplies and equipment for food production
- Cost menus accurately
- Ensure all Kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with the Outlet Manager to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company.
Primary Location: United States-San Francisco-The Fairmont San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Evening Job
Closing Date: 15.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: FAI05327