Fairmont Valet Attendant in United States
Greeting all guests as they enter the Hotel. Assist arriving and departing guests with luggage handling and parking procedures. Act as an ambassador of aloha and of the hospitality industry by offering assistance to guests during their visit to Fairmont Orchid. Follow hotel wide and departmental operation standards as set by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Orchid is a luxury AAA four-diamond Kohala Coast oceanfront resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, extensive meeting facilities, year-round children’s program, five restaurants and tennis, all serviced with Aloha. We are currently looking for new colleagues to join our 'Ohana and share that Aloha here at Fairmont Orchid.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Front Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Review Keia La on a daily basis. Be aware of events and happenings around the hotel for the day/ week
- Review VIP and Fairmont Gold arrivals lists to ensure that needs of our special guests are executed
- Assist in the arrival and departure experience of each guest by loading and unloading guest luggage, while sharing your aloha with genuine concern for the guest and anticipating their needs
- Learn guests names and use them during conversations
- Upon Departure: “Thank you for staying at The Fairmont Orchid with us. Please visit us anytime and we hope to welcome you back soon!”
- Offer the kukui nut lei to all arriving guests
- Open all car doors
- Offer all guests to valet park their vehicle.
- Review self-parking procedures, if guests inquire
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles in a safe and responsible manner
- Be aware of hotel services and amenities, while conveying this information to guests
- Be knowledgeable about hotel services and amenities highlighting what the Hotel has to offer during guest orientation/ room escorts on property
- Be knowledgeable about the amenities in the area and “Sell the destination to our guests”
- Keep conversations to a professional and work related nature in public areas
- Be posted up accordingly throughout the porte cochere and poised to meet the guests
- Assist in all guest services areas as deemed necessary by management
- Complete all tasks assigned by supervisor an/or management
- Maintain a clean and orderly storage areas in all areas of guest services including: bell captain storeroom, golf club storage room, bamboo storage, and alcove
- Ensure that all equipment/tools of the department are in good working order and to the standard set by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Be empowered to resolve guest incidents and bring them to the attention of the management staff for guidance
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Guest service experience preferred
- Seeking candidate with High School Degree
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Must have beginner math skills including the ability to add and subtract
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have intermediate problem solving skills including the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to solve simple problems.
- Occasionally needs to drive shuttle van
- Must have valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s abstract
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Will frequently need to be able to stand, walk, squat, walk, use hands and fingers, talk or hear.
- Will occasionally need to sit, climb or balance, stoop kneel or crawl, squat and twist body.
- Will need to frequently lift up to 50 pounds will occasionally need to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, and near moving parts. Will occasionally need to work near fumes or airborne particles and extreme non weather related heat.
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Orchid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Kohala Coast-The Fairmont Orchid
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 15.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: ORC01760