Vencore VOIP Tier 3 Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
EVoIP Tier 3 Engineer will support Core Engineering Research and Development (R&D) to ensure development and enhancement of Core EVoIP systems on the BroadSoft platform; product integration; emerging technology research; and support and research of new security requirements. This individual will work under the guidance of an engineering manager to perform R&D projects, provide expert level research and analysis of emerging technologies, vendor software and equipment. The VoIP Tier 3 Engineer is considered an expert in subject matter as evidenced through a combination of recent work experience, education and industry certifications.
The VoIP Tier 3 Engineer will also serve as a point of escalation for Remedy tickets that cannot be resolved by the Tier 2 team. This engineer will determine the root cause and feasibility of technical solutions for complex technical VoIP problems. The VoIP Tier 3 Engineer will perform configuration and implementation of test, deployment, and/or production environments in support of O&M activities; deployment of operational systems within the customer base; maintenance of Continuity of Operations (COOP) readiness; and adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The successful candidate must demonstrate self-initiative and a team player attitude. As part of the selection process, the candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess a willingness to learn and become proficient with the BroadSoft BroadWorks platform.
The Tier 3 User/Site Support and System Support issues may include the following devices, applications and/or processes:
- Zervina CPE Manager/ION server configuration and support
- Loki System Manager portal configuration and support
- Red Hat Linux and Windows 2008 administration
- BroadWorks R19sp1 configuration and support
- Voice Messaging configuration and support
- AudioCodes TDM/IP gateway configuration and support
- LAN/WAN QoS support
- Session Border Controller configuration and support
- Installation engineering and support
- System backups and maintenance
- Monthly application patching and maintenance release implementation
User Support (back-up as needed)
- Tier 3 user support for EVoIP applications, features and services via the Remedy system BroadWorks moves, adds, changes, deletes (MACD) site and district level support
- BroadWorks Call Center site and district level support
- AudioCodes edge device configuration and support
- Edgewater edge device configuration and support
• Polycom edge device configuration and support
The selected VOIP Engineer must have a BS or equivalent and 12+ years of experience. Must have a minimum of ten years related telecommunications and VOIP experience, as well as strong Linux experience.
US Citizenship required; DoD Top Secret security clearance desired.
Must be able to pass thorough background investigation, including a detailed credit check
Desired experience: Telecommunications/VoIP experience with: BroadSoft, BroadWorks or BroadCloud Unified Communications experience with: BroadSoft, Microsoft Lync, Cisco Call Manager, Interactive Intelligence or other hosted UC platform
Experience in IM&P and Softphone environment
Experience with AcmePacket, Edgewater, Adtran, AudioCodes, LOKI, or Zervina preferred.
Experience with managing Linux, Windows, and VMWare server environments
Job ID 2016-45357
of Openings Remaining1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret
Employee Type Regular
Desired Experience ..
Time Type Full Time