Washington State Maintenance Technician 2 In-Training - King County Area in Washington
WSDOT is looking for enthusiastic career-minded individuals who want to make a difference to join our dynamic team supporting the vast infrastructure of Northwest Washington. This opportunity is perfect for those who thrive on working with their hands, knowing their work is done on roadways and in a variety of weather. This team member will assist with the maintenance and operations of the state highways, and adjacent right of ways to assure they remain in a condition that promotes the movement of traffic, and safety to the motoring public.
WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off (True Work-Life Balance), a defined benefit pension retirement plan, advancement opportunities, and much more. Go toState Benefits* for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package*
Working in the maintenance area will require responsible, safety-minded individuals to accomplish assigned tasks and may require operating trucks as well as other heavy equipment.
These positions require a quick response time to job sites. Highway maintenance crews are ready 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This position will perform the following work:
- Maintain roadways including pavement repair, drainage maintenance,
- Maintain highway drainage systems.
- Repair and replace guardrails and signs.
- Remove dangerous and hazardous debris from the roadways.
- Assist in layout and set-up of traffic control, including setting up signage, manually flagging traffic, and operating attenuator/buffer truck.
- Removal of snow and ice during winter season.
- Other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Have A Washington State Commercial Driver License (CDL).
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- At least (1) one year of experience performing roadway maintenance, heavy equipment operation, truck driving, traffic control, construction, timber operations, or landscaping.
- Experience operating 26,000 to 54,000 GVW dump trucks in all weather and roadside conditions, day or night, with snowplow and de-icing attachments and other snow removal equipment.
- Ability to acquire an herbicide applicator's license within 12 months of hire.
- Possess a CDL Medical Certificate or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment.
This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the WFSE, or arrange to pay to that union a fee equivalent to its regular monthly dues. The union shop provision shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click on the apply button on this announcement. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions. The responses to the Supplemental Questions must be reflected in the "work experience" of the application. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asaiat 206-440-4066 or email to email@example.com*.* Please reference recruitment number NWRMT2-5
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: NWRMT2-5
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $42,492.00 - $50,496.00 Annually
Location: King County - Multiple Locations, WA