Abbott Director Cyber Architecture and Operations in Waukegan, United States
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function:
• Establish cybersecurity design and architecture concepts to be incorporated into global policies, standards, and processes/procedures.
• Provide cybersecurity strategy, architecture, and design guidance to the business and IT leaders with regards to the integration of new or updated/enhanced IT systems into the global Abbott environment.
• Design and maintain a world-class global cybersecurity architecture and operations environment and security operations center (SOC).
• Maintain a comprehensive picture of all security controls across Abbott, from security-related endpoint settings to enterprise-class security technologies, including their relationship to each other, to other IT systems, to the people, process, and technology supporting those controls.
• Plan the delivery of new solutions or update of existing solutions to enhance the security architecture, close identified gaps, and align the security architecture to industry best practices.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Develop a global cybersecurity architecture and operations program designed to securely enable Abbott business processes
· Provide cybersecurity and infrastructure/network security strategy, architecture, and design concepts and guidance to the business and IT
· Design, develop, and deploy a world-class, global security operations center (SOC), including people, processes, and technologies, including, but not limited to:
o Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM)
o Data Protection, Encryption, and Data Loss Prevention solutions (DLP)
o Intrusion Detection/Prevention (IDS/IPS)
o Vulnerability management
o Application security testing
· Work with product vendors to provide insight and input from an Abbott perspective to enhance and improve technology solutions utilized globally
· Collaborate with peers and management, and business units to identify change management and communications requirements, assess system and process change impacts, and recommend solutions related to cyber initiatives
· Assist cyber project teams with organizational readiness efforts including stakeholder analysis and alignment, communications planning
· Review existing preventative and detective controls on end-points and network against leading practices and Abbott’s risk profile, to identify gaps potential capability gaps
· Develop controls (process and technology) to address newly identified cyber risks
· Identify and evaluate new security use cases
· Act as the security subject matter advisor for new technology decisions
· Assist with security products and solutions evaluation
· Assist during requirement analysis of security product implementations
· Provide consultation on cyber threat intelligence sources and technology and how the intel can be integrated in the Abbott environment
· Provide knowledge on latest trends in the Cybersecurity space and their applicability and, or potential impact to Abbott
Position Accountability / Scope:
The Cybersecurity Architecture & Operations Lead will report directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). This position will oversee all cybersecurity architecture and operations activities across the company.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; a Master’s degree (or equivalent) is highly desired
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
· 10-12 years security architecture and security operations experience, preferably in a cybersecurity environment in the Life Sciences industry
· Certification or equivalent experience with security architecture frameworks such as SABSA or TOGAF
· Five or more years of management experience in which one or more of the following occurred:
o Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
o Successfully developed and implemented change readiness and using organizational readiness best practices
o Established a track record of managing staff through various life-cycle phases
o Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
o Managed financial resources to meet goals and multiple projects
o Demonstrated high competency in project management and the execution of multiple projects, including managing resources across multiple projects to meet goals
o Developed efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
JOB FAMILY: IT-Security
DIVISION: FIN Corporate Finance
LOCATION: United States >Waukegan : J46 Floor-1
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 15 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://18.104.22.168/content/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://22.214.171.124/content/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.