Stanley Black and Decker Install Manager in Waukesha, Wisconsin
SI0120: Install Manager
- Manages installation department employees and subcontractors, and provides technical guidance and project management for installations.
- Ensures installation backlog is turned at an optimum rate, installations are delivered at or below booked margin, and installation and system requirements are met according to contract and customer’s satisfaction.
On an “as-needed” basis, provides sales technical and estimating support. Job Responsibilities
Reviews for approval work orders to insure equipment listed meets the customer’s application, and estimated installation cost s are accurate.
- Schedules and coordinates installations to meet customer expectations. Communicate and document schedule (including updates) to all district personnel.
- Ensures correct equipment is ordered in a timely manner
- Prepares and manages installer and sub-contractor work schedule
- Communicates and follow-through with customers and district personnel on the status of installations, and any pending problems or actions.
- Assists and interfaces with the installers and subcontractors regarding on-site scheduling of work activities, timely delivery of equipment and milestone achievements.
- Insure job responsibilities of installation department personnel are being met (refer to installer job descriptions).
- Complete required department paperwork on a timely basis, including Labor & Expense (L&Es;), Installation (billing) reports, and job-specific documentation (estimator, work order, Customer Acceptance forms, etc.)
- Continually drives to improve department processes to improve customer quality and branch efficiency
- Participates in the procurement of material and subcontract requirements. Manages the timely receipt of job material and is accountable for all Honeywell supplied equipment. Works effectively with the job team to solicit supplier/subcontract proposals, secures, and evaluates subcontractor change requests.
- Maintains company property and documentation in accordance with established policies, handles proprietary information in the prescribed manner, and adheres to and supports H&BC;, and District policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Promptly addresses customer issues and complaints, and develops solutions to resolve issues timely, and effectively. Communicates with appropriate district personnel regarding customer issues, and status of resolving such issues.
- Provide performance feedback to direct reports and sub-contractors. Insures that annual, documented performance appraisals are completed and reviewed with all direct reports.
Plan and implement training & development for department personnel. This includes self-development of individual skills. Performance Metrics
Perform job responsibilities listed above on a consistent basis.
- Effective management of installation backlog to see that jobs are installed (to completion), in a timely and effective manner.
- Management of installation department at or below planned installation ratio rates (50% - 60%).
- Provide timely forecast of installation billings, and consistently deliver against forecast.
- Proper documentation of installation issues/actions/resolution both internally and externally (site visit reports, acceptances forms, service tickets, etc)
- Performance feedback to direct reports and sub-contractors. Planning and implementation of training programs.
Communication and teamwork with district departments and other company personnel. Skills Required
Leadership and management skills (delegation, coaching, motivation, driving for results…)
- A strong background in the security industry with experience in a management level role is required.
- Technical aptitude in the fire and security industry
- Project management expertise
- Teamwork and communication ability
- Computer and automation skills (Voice mail, E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Professionalism, ability to project a positive image to customers and suppliers
Requisition Number: 42237BR
Title: Install Manager
Business: US - SSS - CSS
State / Country / Province: Wisconsin
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law