Washington State DSHS Child and Family Welfare Social Service Specialist 3 or 2 in Wenatchee, Washington
Strengthening families and preventing child abuse requires a shared commitment of individuals and organizations in every community. This job focuses on establishing meaningful relationships with families and the communities around them. It empowers families to contribute to their own solutions and success.
Children's Administration is currently recruiting for a dynamic, motivated, and culturally competent Child and Family Welfare (CFWS) Social Service Specialist with the Division of Children and Family Services office in Wenatchee.
Position is classified as a Social Service Specialist 3. Position may be filled at the Social Service Specialist 2 In-training level.
This recruitment has been extended. If you previously applied it is not required to apply again.
On a Regular Basis You'll
- Provide comprehensive and on-going assessment of casework needs for child, parent(s)/guardian and foster parents.
- Assess the need for out-of-home placement and work with the family to find the strongest placement to nurture the child's cultural and family ties.
- Refer clients for psychological, psychiatric, and/or medical evaluations and treatment with other community resources. Monitor progress and effectiveness of care.
- Monitor the health and safety of child by regular visitation.
- Provide case management services to facilitate out-of-home placements; reviews need for continued out-of-home care.
- Supervise and place as necessary, dependent children in foster or other approved placement care.
- Develop plan to meet child's needs, including short and long range goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate service plans.
- In consultation with the agency attorney, prepare and document cases for court proceedings.
- Utilize FamLink to document case activitees and maintain case records within program and manual standards. Qualifications
Here's What We're Looking For:
Bachelor's Degree and two years of paid social service experience, or a Master's Degree and one year of paid social service experience (with the Master's Degree, a practicum will be substituted for the one year of paid social service experience). The degree must be in social services, human services, behavioral science or an allied field.
Selected candidate may be required to complete an In-training Plan in order to meet experience required for the Social Service Specialist 3 classification.
Please be prepared to provide a copy of your college transcripts to verify degree information. Applicants may provide transcripts with application or may be requested by hiring team at a later date.
Click HERE for additional information about Children's Administration and to see brief interviews with actual workers.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
For questions about this recruitment, please contact Patti Palmer at 509-454-6917 or firstname.lastname@example.org and reference 09740.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09740 LA20
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/21/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,453.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Chelan County – Wenatchee, WA