PDS Tech Inc Structural Analysis Engineer-Secret Clearance in West Palm Beach, Florida
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a candidate for Structural Analysis Engineer Secret Clearance position located in Palm Beach, FL and Elkton, MD.
• Provide structural analysis simulation and modeling efforts to support design activities across all Elkton Operations product lines. These simulations include development of structural model, gridding, selection of boundary conditions and constraints, selection of applicable material properties, selection of proper simulation code and methodology. Key responsibilities for this position include developing methodologies, interpretation of analytical results, and recommendation for design improvement.
• Preparation of technical reports and presentations of work product to both internal and external customers. Provide technical assessments of test hardware and test data.
• Provide material specialist services to design engineers and process engineers. Development of material test plans, selection of test methods, test data analysis to support material modeling efforts. Development of material models for structural analyses efforts.
• Develop analytical approaches to assist in the resolution of unique structural mechanics issues. Assist in design effort of test articles to provide necessary data for full scale applications. Provide structural mechanics, material specialist services to IPT working group.
• Assist project team in design of experiments testing to provide necessary data to support detailed analyses.
• Support propulsion and subsystem IPT leads to ensure technical and cost execution of each system component.
• Form close working relationships with the customer technical community and specific customer technical points of contact.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite. Existing clearance preferred.
• 5+ years of related experience, fewer with advanced degree.
• Prior experience in comparable positions scramjet engine development and solid rocket motor projects desirable.
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering; advanced degree highly desirable.
• Proficiency using FEA software (ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, or equivalent).
• Applicable experience in performing composite structural analysis and/or dynamics analysis is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and present analytical results in both oral and written formats.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project).
• Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Immediate 401(k) eligibility
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, check out http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details
To find a recruiter near you, look at our Branch Locator. at http://www.pdstech.com/pds_locations.htm