Woodward Inc PROGRAM MANAGER (SYSTEMS/PLATFORM) in Westfalen Kempen, Germany
The Systems/Platform Program Manager will develop, lead (directly or indirectly) a staff of Program Managers and/or Project Coordinators accountable for the planning, directing, and execution of local and/or global development projects. The incumbent generally reports to a Director, Program Management or business group VP/GM and will utilize his or her full resources and effort to continuously monitor and improve global projects in terms of deliverables including contractual and business objectives while ensuring customer satisfaction and QDRC. The incumbent will assure full utilization of the PLC process for all projects, monitor and maintain project costs, and utilize Six Sigma methodologies to improve project management tools and systems.
- Lead(s) program(s) of high complexity and risk. Manages predominantly CAT 3 projects.
- Drive relevant status communications; monitor progress through management reviews and ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Prioritize programs and resources, assess complexity against the workload and capability of the team members, recommend resource allocations and ensure other functions staff the teams accordingly.
- Manage, monitor and control schedule, cost deliverables, risk management and scope to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations.
- Develops, maintains, and improves a highly effective and well skilled team to carry out actions to complete planned objectives.
- Champion the use of the Woodward PLC (Product-Life-Cycle) process to support the development of products.
- Leads cross-functional resolution of elevated issues internally and with the customer, ensuring barriers that could impede program progress are removed.
- Coordinates with Customer Account Manager to act as the primary point of customer contact for the project including Executive Customer Representatives.
- Presents and represents project status to customer and Woodward executive leadership.
- Directly contribute to establishing short- and long-term strategies that achieve the long range plan of the business group.
- Accountable for scope change management within the program. Responsible for orchestrating response to customer scope changes in collaboration with the Customer Account Manager and the team.
- Identify and champion continuous improvement in the product development processes.
- Mentors lower level program managers
- Participate in and support new business development (proposals)
- Maintains and provides NPI metrics and analysis to business group executives.
- Utilizes the enterprise-wide team to improve the customer-perceived value of programs through the use of sophisticated methods (Examples: risk analysis, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), lean, dimensional analysis, formal problem solving, DOE, Taguchi, etc).
- Drive and implement strategies in support of WLES (Woodward Lean Enterprise System) and PLC (Product Life Cycle).
- Responsible for providing input to or completing performance reviews, development planning and training.
- Assure customer development and production product forecasting and Sales Order demand
- Leverage all engineering groups to minimize total investment
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain to assure high quality, competitively priced supplier designed components. Provides critical input in overall supplier business assessments (quality, technology, delivery, capacity, etc.)
- Participate in product portfolio management
- Evaluate and drive implementation and maintenance of appropriate project management tools.
- May participate on business process committees to the extent required.
- May attend external events, such as trade shows, conferences, etc to seek out, evaluate and deploy new methods to improve the company’s overall competitiveness
- Supports sales forecasting with development cost projections.
- Collaborate with Sourcing to assure high quality, competitively priced supplier designed components
- May author and/or approve organizational documents and operating procedures
- Assures leverage of all Woodward groups and assets
- Expert knowledge of project management tools.
- Solid financial acumen and demonstrated ability to manage for profitability.
- Expert knowledge of the product life cycle, especially related key deliverables.
- Strong leadership skills including the building of effective teams, an ability to manage conflict, the effective setting of priorities in the team and an ability to clearly define roles, responsibilities and objectives.
- Demonstrated success in moderating and leading complex projects and driving technical decisions.
- Ability to prepare technical and strategic issues for management and executive decisions.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills, ability to drive processes in situations of uncertainty including corporate strategic planning and execution processes.
- Highly refined communication and presentation skills to customers and Woodward executives.
- Strong business sense, enterprise negotiation and influencing skills (internally and externally)
- Strong understanding of financial analysis tools
- Strong ability to identify and mitigate project risks
- Solid knowledge of how to get things done within all Management levels of the organization while considering their value and motivation
- Demonstrates a commitment to Quality, specifically 6 sigma, Lean and continuous improvement and the ability to lead others in these areas.
- Focused on customer needs, builds and maintains trust in relationship including higher levels of leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of business systems.
- Superb risk management skills.
- Strong cost analysis skills to the extent necessary to manage costs according to an agreed cash flow plan (BOA).
- Significant understanding of all project disciplines: Design engineering, test engineering, manufacturing, customer quality, supplier quality, purchasing, materials (MRP), cost estimating and sales.
- Supports other groups or segments within Woodward with expertise and manpower to the extent possible when critical situations arise
- Demonstrated ability to apply Six Sigma/Lean tools.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor degree required. Program Management or technical field preferred.
- Green Belt certification required within 1 year of appointment.
- MBA or International equivalent desired
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required or agreed plan to achieve PMP certification. PgMP (Program Management Professional), desired.
- Minimum 6 years project management experience in a PLC Environment or closely related field
- Previous management experience preferred
Materials and Equipment Used
PC and related equipment
Working Environment/ Physical Activities
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however, the job will take him/her into various areas of the plant where there is a possible exposure to noise, chemicals, dust and temperature variations.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Project Management
Primary Location: Germany-Nordrhein-Westfalen-Kempen
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 1:29:04 AM
Req ID: 1700570