Duke Realty Project Manager-Commercial Construction in Weston, Florida
Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial and medical office properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our construction team in our Weston, FL office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Overall responsibility for the successful administration and management of ground-up and tenant build out projects, and in most cases, concurrent projects.
• Responsible for communication with both internal and external customers to ensure that project goals, cost, schedule, and quality are achieved.
• Responsible for the preparation, negotiation, and execution of all subcontracts.
• Manages contracts and budgets for project(s).
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Candidates will have 5 years or more of experience in Construction with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Project Manager. GC experience, Commercial Real Estate and/or industrial product desired.
• Proven track record in management and coordination of contracts, ability to manage and direct Subcontractors and General Contractors, and maintain relationships
• Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills.
• Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapports and interact with various levels of professionals.
• Demonstrated experience working with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience using MS Project strongly desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willing to travel to other markets as needed to assist with projects.
• BS degree in construction engineering, or related field of study required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Project Mgmt-Construction (Novice)
Design/Build (Some Knowledge)
Bachelors Degree (Building Construction)
5 years: Project Management experience in commercial construction (gc or development)