U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command Test Administrator in Wheeling, West Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position for U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command (USMEPCOM) is supporting the Pittsburgh, PA Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). A separate Department of Defense (DoD) agency, USMEPCOM is comprised of two geographical sectors and staffed with personnel from all military services. The mission of USMEPCOM and the Pittsburgh MEPS is to process individuals for enlistment or induction into the armed services, based on DoD-approved peacetime and mobilization standards. The Pittsburgh MEPS is one of a network of 65 MEPS located nationwide and in Puerto Rico.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
You will administer computerized and written tests in the local commuting area of this announcement and up to a 100 mile radius when necessary, using your own reliable vehicle to transport test material. Conduct aptitude examination sessions at various locations/high schools to determine individual qualifications for enlistment into the military service. Brief applicants on completing forms and on testing procedures. Resolve problems and issues during testing sessions to include any computer issues. Conduct test sessions utilizing paper and pencil and/or computerized test formats. Responsible for ensuring individuals can access and execute aptitude testing on computers. Use web-based system for preparing reports and to administer automated aptitude tests, troubleshooting as necessary.
This is an intermittent position which requires you to work on an irregular "as needed" basis for which there is no prearranged tour of duty or guaranteed hours (i.e. not regular part-time, nor regular full-time. You will work fluctuating hours when needed). Pay will depend on actual hours worked and duty location you are assigned to.
With intermittent positions, health and life insurance benefits are not available (except in certain situations); and annual and sick leave are not earned. Intermittent positions do NOT lead to full time employment.
- 50% or Greater
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Position does NOT provide guaranteed work hours each week.
- Work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis".
- Position will NOT lead to a full-time position.
- Moving Expenses are not authorized.
- Must be able to work in schools.
- Please see additional conditions under "Other Requirements".
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or education requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
General Experience: Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: Progressively responsible clerical or office administration experience. Examples of qualifying general experience include but are not limited to: Conducting thorough checks to ensure forms are properly completed; Distributing and collecting materials while accurately accounting for those materials; Orally presenting basic instructions to individual and/or groups and ensuring their understanding of instructions; Utilizing automated systems to provide reports/information to others. This definition of general experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-03).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Education Substitution for General Experience for GS-04: You may substitute general experience with two (2) full academic years of undergraduate education above the high school level from an accredited college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Experience and Education: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education by 60; or your quarter hours of education by 90; or your business, secretarial or technical school total weeks by 72. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP 51) position.
- Position requires the incumbent to possess/obtain a valid driver's license
- Position requires the incumbent to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Position requires the incumbent to use privately-owned vehicle for travel.
- Background Investigation required and must successfully complete investigation.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472133800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $14.07 to $18.28 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: GS-0303-4/4
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Control Number: 472133800
Job Announcement Number: NEAI171160798489D