Farmers Insurance Claims Production Support Lead / Manager in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Job Summary: * Manages a group of staff; Plans and controls day to day project tasks and budgets; Adheres to IT governance; Manages relationship with immediate environment, enabling commitment; Works with business unit to define needs and arranges appropriate resources; Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for a large scale project, including risk, quality, change management, schedule, and financial management; Accountable for development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers, Acceptance Criteria and User Acceptance Testing; Responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Act as the Single Point of Contact that is focused on resolving conflicts and Production issues identified by the Business.
- Deliver communications and updates to the Business that are non-technical yet transparent and informative.
- Communicate to the Head of Service Operations and Application Support on a 24x7 basis during significant Production issues.
- Drive the timeliness of resolutions on all requests while creating an environment of partnering between IT and the Business.
- Hold peers accountable to provide solutions, next steps and communications.
- Collaborate with various internal and external organizations to develop, manage and deliver requests.
- Oversee project conflicts conducted by Farmers, Zurich and other Affiliate companies that impact the Infrastructure and Application environments.
- Function as a strong and heavily experienced technology resource for use in managing, advising, and/or participating as a representative on projects.
- Support the deployment of enterprise upgrades for the Infrastructure and Application teams that impacts Farmers, Zurich and other Affiliate companies.
- Drive Collaborative projects with teams composed of various technologists from ideation through implementation.
- Leverage past experiences to create “best practices” and “innovative standards”.
- Develop strategy to improve customer experience, decrease costs and shorten implementation times that are associated with Global efforts.
- Communicate to the senior management and the general organization on the support efforts of project related items by keeping the organization aware of Incidents that are the result of Affiliate related support items.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *Level II: 4 years experience in an IT environment, including 1 year in a supervisory role or 1 year as a Program Manager I.
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling regionally or globally. Excellent written and oral communication skills in local language. Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
(Internal job code: USFG004 - Program Manager II)
- Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. *
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Claims Production Support Lead / Manager
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 170004QJ