WMS Gaming Inc. Press Ink Technician in Alpharetta, Georgia
Press Ink Technician
Job ID #:IRC9027Location:Alpharetta, Georgia
Functional Area:Press/Printing Operations
Position Type:Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for the overall production and quality of the printed product.
• Perform viscosity and pH checks and record data.
• Hook up and disconnect pots and pumps to ink chambers along with understand how the system functions.
• Perform press side flushing and cleaning of pumps when removed from ink sumps to ensure minimal breakdown of pumps.
• Calibrate pH meter and maintain pH solution for proper operation of meter.
• Follow established company safety guidelines and PPE requirements.
• Sweep and mop press area and empty trash daily.
• Move ink/solvent drums to appropriate staging areas for return to ink room.
• Ensure appropriate labeling of waste drums and place full waste drums in designated areas for pumping out.
• Remove empty drums and buckets to appropriate areas daily.
• Enter viscosity, pH, ink number, batch number, etc. into correct data base for the shift/job number.
• Use job run card and ink matrix to ensure appropriate ink is used for each print unit.
• Perform pre-makeready functions and makeready functions in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written to insure fluid communication between yourself and other crew members.
• Maintain 5S standard of press work area.
• Follow company established attendance policy.
• Communicate with the Lead Press Operator or Second Press Operator when needing to leave the press.
• Help other crew members during delay time to ensure press is back in production with minimal delay and waste.
• Train on the next level position on press to allow for temporary or permanent advancement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A mechanical and technical aptitude.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able to get along with other people.
• Good, clear verbal and written communication skills in order to coordinate the Press Operation.
• Physically agile.
• The ability to push/pull 500 plus pounds.
• Able to lift 75 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to comprehend specification manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group settings.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds.
• Requires effective decision making, problem solving and teamwork skills.
• Gain strong credibility with team members, and department supervisors, even under negative circumstances.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk to hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms, stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click hereEEOC Poster.