IHG Sales Manager Middle East / Asia InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam in Amsterdam, Netherlands
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in.
When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
Join us as a Sales Manager at the InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills.
Because, for this vital role, we’re looking for someone who will:
Develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts and networking.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
· Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
· Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
· Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
· Manage day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
· Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
· Educate and train sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volume.
· Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
· Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager-on-duty.
Qualifications & requirements
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel School, Sales or a related field.
Two to four years of experience in hotel Sales and Marketing.
Speaks and writes fluent Dutch and English and preferably another language. Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
Main sales focus will be on the Middle East and Asian Market.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a career that will be as unique as you are, because we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Job: Sales & Business Development
Requisition ID: SalesManager16042018